Pages

Jun 12, 2013

Porcelain Pens Really Work!





You may remember a little while back when Charlotte tested how well different markers performed on dish ware that goes in the dishwasher.

Well, I was inspired by this post which I saw on Pinterest (oh, how we love thee!).  I mainly loved the design and wanted to try the same thing.  You can find all kinds of fun design ideas all over the Internet, including tips from everybody's friend, Martha.

I ordered the Pebeo Porcelaine 150 in black in two tips, 1.2mm and .7 mm.  I already had some plain pottery on hand that I had purchased long ago for some forgotten project (What?  That never happens to you?!).  


Here are my designs.  Done free hand and, as you can see, not exactly perfect.  But I like that!





I let the designs dry for 24 hours and then baked for 35 minutes in a 300 degree oven (as directed on the pen!  I just followed directions, people!).  Last night I washed them in the dishwasher along with the rest of my dishes.  I took them out this morning...and they look exactly like they did before I washed them!  Woot woot!



I like my mug especially, and would like to try some more designs.  This would be a fun way to make an eclectic set of dishes, using things found at the thrift store or yard sales.  

OF NOTE:  The Pebeo Porcelaine pens are not designated as food safe.  So, the plate will only be used decoratively, or perhaps as a small serving tray.  Make sure to do your own research before using anything you've painted with food!  Let's be safe and have fun out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment