Pages

Oct 7, 2013

Pumpkin Candy Display

To make this sweet candy display, I started by making a little clay pumpkin.  Just roll a ball of orange clay, then flatten it slightly.  Use a string or dental floss to form ridges, leaving the middle part free of ridges so you can paint the face easier.  I then pressed the eraser end of a pencil into the clay for the eye sockets (not shown).  
I twisted up a piece of wire and inserted it for the stem.  Then I cured the pumpkin in the oven according to directions on the package (I used Sculpey III.)
After it cooled, I used a white paint pen and a black Micron pen to add features.

I finished it off by painting the stem green and giving the whole thing a glossy finish with spray gloss lacquer after it dried.  After letting the gloss dry, I hot glued the pumpkin to a felt flower (instructions for flower here). 
Then I put a ribbon around a plain clear plastic cup (you could also use a glass jar), and glued the flower to the ribbon, being careful not to melt the cup.  I added candy corn and these cute swirly lollipops from the dollar store.  They are spin pops and had a label in the center that I couldn't remove, so I just cut paper that coordinated with the flower to cover them up. 
Easy and fun!




1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome that you made them yourself! I love the whole look of your window, so pretty!
    . shower doors portland

    ReplyDelete