Pages

Jul 31, 2013

Whatcha Wearin' Wednesday

Today I'm posting a little outfit that is good for kickin' around town but also looks nice enough to go to a casual lunch or a meeting at the kids' school.  



Again, please excuse my squinty eyes!  I promise, I will get this style photo thing down!  

So here we have a simple navy and white striped t-shirt with 3/4 length sleeves, paired with khaki bermuda shorts.  The jewelry is mostly gold-tone, as are the flip-flops.





WHAT I LOVE ABOUT THIS OUTFIT:

* The stripes on the t-shirt seem nautical and summery to me.  And though the sleeves are a bit long for summer in Texas, they push up easily!

*  The necklace is a good weight; it hangs nicely and goes with so many things.

* Navy, khaki and white - classic colors

* I love using gold shoes as a neutral.  So much more fun than taupe or beige.  Gold is a go-to for me.  For cooler weather, I have a pair of gold flats that go with everything!

THE DETAILS:
t-shirt - Uniqlo
shorts - Old Navy
necklace - The Limited from waaaay back - I'm talking high school!
earrings - gift from parents
bracelet - Macy's
flip-flops - American Eagle by way of TJ Maxx

I'm linking up this week with The Pleated Poppy and Random Wednesday at Because Shanna Said So.



1 comment: