- It must be easy to cook.
- If it requires more than 30 minutes of work, I probably won't do it.
- It should be (mostly) healthy.
- My family should like it.
I found this recipe a few years ago, and it has become one of
- frozen chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz. jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- that's it...nothing more...I promise
- Place the chicken breasts (as many as you want) in a crock pot. I generally allow 1 breast per adult, but there are always plenty of leftovers.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the taco seasoning and salsa until blended.
- Pour salsa mixture over the chicken and cover tightly.
- Cook on low for 3 hours or so (I've never tried it on high for a shorter cooking time, but I bet it would work, too.)
- Pull each breast out and shred it with a fork.
You will find that there is quite a bit of sauce left in the crock pot. You can pour this over the shredded chicken before serving or pour it in a bowl and use as a sauce on the side.
Our favorite way to serve is on fresh flour tortillas. But the possibilities are practically endless: nachos, enchiladas, sandwiches, salads, pitas, etc. You can't go wrong with this recipe!
**Blogger's Note: My family sat down to eat before I could take a picture of the finished product. By the time I grabbed my camera, half of it was gone. See? Told ya' they love it!